I like to complete newspaper Sudoku puzzles at Molly’s, and leave one square empty.
I hope that someone will see it and think I messed up, then go back and check my work only to realize I left the last square intentionally blank, and curse my name.
I also like to play games in the sudoku. Some of the rules I usually tack on are:
- Solve the puzzle without the center, leaving it for last. Sometimes this just means “don’t write in the center until last.”
- Only complete the sectors in a clockwise spiral, starting from the top right.
- Work out the squares in numerical order (all the 1s, 2s, etc.)
- Work out the squares in numerical order (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, etc.)
- All evens / all odds / all primes / etc.
I like sudoku. I play it a lot.